Dear Valued Patients,
We hope this message finds you in good health and spirits. We have all been through a lot over the last few months and we are all looking for a return to some form of normality.
A lot has changed in our world, and throughout all of this Landmark Dental’s commitment to the safety of its staff, patients and the wider community remains of paramount importance.
We are now looking forward to reopening – we don’t have a date – but preparing!
Our practice has always been focused on infection control, and in addition to what we have always done, we are augmenting our protocols to ensure our response to Covid-19 is both comprehensive and meticulous.
Over the past few weeks, we have been working diligently to enhance our facility and procedures to provide the safe and exceptional care our patients should be accustomed to.
Life at the practice will look different. Here are a few of the measures we will be implementing:
- We will be modifying our scheduling and minimising the number of people in our practice at any one time. We ask that patients attend alone and not to bring companions to their appointment, except for instances where the patient requires assistance (e.g. children, elderly patients, those with special needs)
- If you wish to, you may wait in your car or outside the dental practice where we can contact you by mobile phone when it is your turn to be seen.
- We can try and conduct a portion of your check up from the comfort of your own home using Zoom (video conferencing) in order to minimise your time in the dental practice.
- Consent forms and payment can now happen via email or telephone, thereby minimizing any contact within our practice.
- We will be asking all of our team members and patients to take their temperatures the night before and morning of their arrival to our practice. There will be further screening at check-in (temperature).
- Hand sanitizer has always and will continue to be readily available. All patients will be asked to wear a mask until they are seated in the surgery.
- All treatment plans and financial conversations will be done in the sanitised operatory or via video-conferencing.
- All common areas including the front desk with be sanitised every hour. We will be utilising a fogger with hypochlorous acid.
- We have upgraded our personal protective equipment for our team. Our reception team will be wearing masks and gloves. Our clinical team members will be wearing gowns, fit-tested respiratory masks (N95) and face shields during aerosol generating procedures.
- We will be reducing aerosol production as much as possible through use of hand instrumentation and employment of dental dam and high speed suction. We use rubber dam for root canal procedures and we will continue to use this for restorative dental procedures where possible.
- We have installed air ventilation systems to increase the number of air changes within the room to improve the air quality and remove noxious air.
Please be assured we are continually improving our standards to ensure we provide a positive and safe experience for all those involved.
If you have any questions regarding any of the above, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Excited to see you again soon.
With Best Wishes,
Amit, Raj and all the team.